Pasta is always feared in the meal prep game because of its high carb content and low protein ratio.
Of course, now we have low carb pasta alternatives that are great – and you can definitely incorporate them with this recipe too – but we’re going to change the narrative on the old school thought!
Here’s a high protein pasta that is both delicious, simple, and filling!
Prep Time: 10 Min
Cook Time: 15 Min
Macros: 493 Calories – 58g Protein – 52g Carbs – 9g Fat
- 5 Tbsp Jarred Pesto Sauce
- 5 Tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 30 oz large, peeled, detailed shrimp
- 5 Cups Chilled, Cooked Linguine Pasta (cook according to package instructions – run under cold water and drain)
- 4 Cup Shredded Kale Leaves
- 1 1/2 Cup Sun-dried Tomato Slivers
- 2 1/2 Tsp Minced Garlic
- Place olive oil on cast iron skillet (or grill) over medium heat.
- Add shrimp to the skillet and cook for 3-4 minutes per side. I like to skewer the shrimp to make this process easier. If you can’t fit all the shrimp at once do multiple batches.
- Mix pesto with vinegar
- Place the shrimp, pasta, kale, tomatoes, and garlic in a large bowl. Spoon the sauce over and mix together.
- Divide it into containers and store in the refrigerator
RECIPE NOTES –
- TO PREP: As I mentioned, you can replace traditional pasta with this low carb alternative to cut the calories and the carbs more if that’s something you’d like to do!
- TO SERVE: A couple of minutes on high in the microwave will get this ready to serve and eat!
- TO STORE: This meal is good to be stored in the refrigerator for up to 6 days.
If you try out this recipe tag me on Instagram and you just might get a shout out