Here’s a quick, simple, and delicious meal prep idea that you’re going to love!
This is one of my all-time favorites because it’s high in protein, versatile, and great for when you’re in a rush!
- A Crockpot or Slow Cooker
- 0.3-5lb of Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast (depending on how much you’re prepping for)
- 12oz bottle of your favorite Buffalo Sauce (I use Frank’s red hot)
- 1 packet of Hidden Valley Ranch dressing mix
Once you got that we can get the ball rolling:
- Place all your chicken into the crockpot and then pour all of your buffalo sauce on top of it
- Sprinkle the ranch mix on top and then cover with the lid and cook on low for about 5 hours
- Move chicken to a cutting board but DON’T discard the sauce from the pot!
- Shred the chicken up with 2 forks. The chicken should be able to just fall apart
- Toss the shredded chicken back into the pot and stir to coat the chicken with the sauce
- Continue cooking chicken on low for about another hour so the chicken can absorb all the sauce
As I mentioned earlier, this is a highly versatile dish and you can use it for any meal:
- Make a sandwich out of it
- Throw it on top of a salad
- Use it as a side for breakfast
- Eat it on its own
- Add it to soup
- Have a taco party
- Have a burrito party
The only limitation is your imagination! Try it out and tag us on Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter when you do!