Personally, I don’t mind having some snacks in my day that aren’t my favorite tasting thing if it fits my macros for the day properly – but my big meals of the day NEED to be tasty.
If it doesn’t taste good, I probably won’t eat it for too long. Really, it’s why most people fail with their weight loss journey. They force-feed themselves these meals they don’t like or they get sick of having just to lose weight.
Then when they lose the weight they wanted to lose, they toss those foods out the window and start overindulging on the foods they like way more which gets them back to gaining weight again!
Enjoying the foods you eat while dieting makes a huge difference in your long term physique and short term enjoyment. Food isn’t just something that fuels you, it’s something you enjoy too!
So making sure that the foods you eat while dieting are something you can enjoy and you can see yourself eating even after you finish dieting makes a huge difference – this recipe is no different!
This Honey BBQ Chicken is the perfect combination of sweet and spicy. Adding the sweet potatoes to the mix only makes the flavor explosion that much better! Of course, it’s also high protein, high micronutrient dense, and quick to make which just makes it that much better – let’s get into it!
Prep Time: 10 Min
Cook Time: 20 Min
Macros: 446 calories – 37g Protein – 33g Carbs – 17g Fat
- 1 lb. Chicken breasts cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/3 cup BBQ Sauce
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 4 tbsp Olive Oil
- 3 cups Sweet Potatoes, peeled & cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 cloves Crushed Garlic
- 1 cup Chopped Broccoli
- Whisk together BBQ sauce, honey, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp pepper into a small bowl
- Pour BBQ sauce mixture over cubed chicken in a zip-top bag and let marinate for 10-15 min
- Heat a large skillet or pot over medium heat. add 3 tbsp Olive Oil, Sweet Potatoes, 1/2 tsp Salt, and 1/4 tsp Pepper
- Saute for 8-10 min, stirring occasionally until sweet potatoes are mostly cooked through
- Push Sweet Potatoes to the side of skillet and add 1 tbsp of olive oil and garlic cloves to the open side to cook for 1 min
- Add marinated chicken and sauce to the skillet. Cook over medium heat for 5 min, stirring occasionally
- Add broccoli on top of the chicken and sweet potatoes. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 tsp salt. Cover with lid and reduce to low heat allowing the mixture to simmer for 7-10 min
- Serve and store!
RECIPE NOTES –
- This is my favorite BBQ Sauce that I typically use for this recipe but feel free to use whatever BBQ sauce you enjoy most – but the macros may differ depending on the sauce you use.
- TO SERVE: OPTIONAL: you could add another 1-2 tbsp of BBQ sauce to my the meal if I’m not eating it right away and using it for meal prep – still tastes great without it but I enjoy the texture of fresh sauce.
- TO STORE: This meal is good to be stored for 5 days.
If you try out this recipe tag me on Instagram and you just might get a shout out